Born Free Pet Shelter could not exist without our volunteers, they are our lifeblood. With only 1 full time employee, we depend on volunteers to keep our shelter running. We have many opportunities both on and off the property, whatever your skills or interests are, we have a match for you. If you are 18 years or older and are interested in being part of our caring team of volunteers, please contact Maria at Info@BornFreeShelter.org
Volunteering has many rewards both for yourself and the dogs. Spending time walking or playing with a dog besides giving the dog the joy of human companionship, which brings immediate rewards, the smiling face and the wagging tail. It also helps the dog to become comfortable around people and more adoptable. Small contributions, a few hours a week or month can have a big impact on a dog’s attitude and life.
For the volunteers, the rewards are inestimable, watching a shy , frightened dog become loving and trusting right before your eyes, is a feeling you never forget. And there are many unexpected benefits. It’s been proven, volunteering leads to higher self esteem and increases overall levels of happiness. You get to meet new friends who have a shared interest. Petting an animal relieves stress. Walking and playing with a dog keeps obesity at bay. In short, volunteering is good for the body and soul!
Born Free Pet Shelter needs YOU!
Our volunteers help with our fundraisers, adoption process, and the care of our shelter and pets. We are currently looking for adult volunteers for:
- Fundraising and Events. Help us by assisting and planning events to collect resources for our shelter and the dogs
- Dog care. Bathe, exercise, socialize, photograph, play, or just sit with and pet our dogs.
- Social Media. Do you have social media or webmaster skills? Help us create content to publicize and promote our shelter.
- Maintenance. Trimming trees, repairing kennels, or sweeping roofs with 5 acres and over 60 kennels to maintain, there are many ways to help.
- Photographers and videographers. We are always in need of current photos and videos of our dogs. Come to the shelter or join us at one of our events to take photos and videos of dogs and volunteers.
Joining Born Free as a volunteer can be a rewarding and fun experience. No long term commitment is required, but many of our volunteers have been with us for years and say it’s one of their favorite weekly or monthly activities. For more information about volunteering, please contact us! or fill out this volunteer form prior to your visit to the shelter. Volunteers must be 18 years or older.