Adopting a dog.
Adopting a dog is a big decision, but if you are ready, we have many wonderful dogs just waiting for someone like you to give them a loving home. Our dogs are listed on Adopt-A-Pet and PetFinder Please consider our special needs dogs, our seniors, and our too long overlooked dogs first. If you see a dog you are interested in you can submit an adoption application and a volunteer will be in touch. or use the contact information associated with each dog to find out more. Thank you.
Meribel and Teddy’s Adorable Puppies – Archie, Betty, and Veronica
Unfortunately, the small white puppy, Betty, had an enlarged heart and passed away. We are happy to say the remaining 2, Archie and Veronica, are doing very well.
- When will the puppies be available for adoption? We estimate the puppies should be ready to be separated from their mother around May 15th.
- What sex are the puppies? We have 1 female and one male.
- How much is the adoption fee? We are asking for a $600 donation to the shelter. The puppies will have all their required shots and be chipped when adopted.
- What about spaying and neutering? Our policy at Born Free is that all dogs leaving the shelter must be spayed or neutered; however, we do not want to keep the puppies away from qualified adoption families longer than necessary. So, we require any family adopting an unneutered dog to sign an addendum to the adoption contract agreeing to have the puppy neutered before the age of 10 months, pay a $300 deposit which will be returned when we have documentation that the puppy has been neutered. You can also choose to have this done this at one of our vets, Pinecrest Veterinary Hospital or Bravo Animal Clinic, in this case, we would pay for the spaying or neutering and return your deposit
- What is your adoption process? The first step is to fill out and return the adoption application at no cost and no obligation (https://bornfreeshelter.org/adopt/). We will review them and let you know our decision. We are looking for families we feel will be the best fit for these little girls and guy. Once approved, we would encourage you to come to our shelter and meet the puppy you are interested in (by prior appointment). When you decide which puppy you want, we would take a nonrefundable deposit of $200 to hold the puppy until the agreed upon adoption date at which time all contracts will be signed and remaining funds collected, otherwise the deposit will be forfeited and the puppy will be given to another family.
Special needs dogs.
Blind dogs Rock!!
Can you see Stevie? Can you see how happy, full of life, and well-adjusted he is? He can play fetch, run 3 miles alongside you, ride politely in the car and go shopping, enjoy a break at your favorite café, explore new places, and snuggle with you on the couch for a nap. He is curious and intelligent. Stevie was born blind and his sense of smell and hearing are amazing. His heart is big, and he lives life without fear. His human companion must be equally courageous, energetic, and empathetic.
Stevie is 2 years old and is house trained.
Stevie is being fostered by Cristiana, if you are interested in this wonderful, special needs dog, please contact her at (786) 314-0039
Adonis is a German shepherd mix, smart, and is a very shy, sweet dog. Adonis walks well on a leash. Adonis likes to chew on fluffy toys, and he play fetch with you. Adonis was fostered for a couple months and he bonded with his foster mom, but he could not accept sharing living space with his foster dad (simply put, he prefers women). He gets along with other dogs, but he would rather be the only dog in the house. Once he gets settled, he will always greet you and wag his tail when you return. Please consider Adonis, he has been waiting too long for his forever family to find him. Contact Sophie at (305) 857-7454 tor Sophie_Gillette@Yahoo.com to meet this wonderful guy.
We are collaborating with Paws4You, working together to get more dogs adopted. Take a look at these sweet faces waiting at Paws4You for their forever homes. Click on our photos for more information.
Hi! My name is Shadow, I am full of love and very calm and have been waiting for a new family to come and take me home. I am approximately 9 years old and I weigh 51 pounds. I don’t know why my previous owners decided to tie me to a pole outside of Paws4You and abandon me. I am am good boy. The staff say they aren’t sure why either because I am the sweetest and most mellow boy who deserves nothing but the best and to not be in a shelter environment at my age. I like to go on walks, play with toys and get pets from humans. Click here to see more photos of me. Adopt me!
To view all our available dogs, please visit our PetFinder page below. After selecting your dog, please fill out our online application form. If you would rather come to the shelter in person, please visit our Contact Us page to schedule an appointment.
$275 Buys You Happiness
*Puppies and purebreds adoption fees are higher
Our adoption fees are used to feed and care for the animals that are housed at Born Free Pet Shelter, Inc. All of our dogs are up-to-date with vaccinations and have been spayed or neutered.